Dover in Kent County, Delaware — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The Delaware Regiment
Battles around New York City and Environs
Long Island, August 27, 1776 Throg's Neck, October 12-18, 1776 Mamaroneck Raid, October 22, 1776 White Plains, October 28, 1776 Trenton, December 26, 1776 Staten Island, August 22, 1777 Stony Point, July 16, 1779
Brandywine, September 11, 1777 Germantown, October 4,
Camden, August 16, 1780 Cowpens, January 17, 1781 Guilford Courthouse, March 15, 1781 Hobkirk's Hill, April 25, 1781 Ninety-Six, May 22 - June 19, 1781 Eutaw Springs, September 8, 1781
This monument is dedicated to the memory of the patriots from Delaware who fought and died "in the Defense and Protection of American Liberty."
Topics. This memorial is listed in these topic lists: Patriots & Patriotism • War, US Revolutionary. A significant historical month for this entry is January 1783.
Location. 39° 9.45′ N, 75° 31.133′ W. Marker is in Dover, Delaware, in Kent County. Memorial can be reached from Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard. Marker Located in front of the Delaware Continentals memorial in front of Legislative Hall. It is at the intersection of Court Street and Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Dover DE 19901, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Bayonets of the Revolution (here, next to this marker); Battles and Engagements of the Delaware Regiment (here, next to this marker); The Delaware Continentals (here, next to this marker); Dover Light Infantry (within shouting distance of this marker); The Congressional Medal Of Honor (within shouting distance of this marker); Bioretention (within shouting distance of this marker); Legislative Hall - Delaware's Capitol Building (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); The First State Heritage Park of Dover (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dover.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on August 9, 2013, by Nate Davidson of Salisbury, Maryland. This page has been viewed 599 times since then and 28 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 9, 2013, by Nate Davidson of Salisbury, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.