Marianna in Jackson County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
After Rebecca's death, Dr. West married Miss Louise Slade of St. Elmo, Columbus, Georgia. The Davis-West house, presently owned by their son, Charles Slade West, Basically retains its original appearance. It is filled with antique and original pieces, including the furnishings of the "St. Elmo Room", brought from her Columbus home by Louise Slade West. Both inside and out the house is typical of an ante-bellum community home.
Erected 1972 by Jackson County Historical Commission.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1859.
Location. 30° 46.722′ N, 85° 13.527′ W. Marker is in Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Marianna FL 32446, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Lewis-Wykoff House (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Dekle-Brunner House (approx. 0.2 miles away); First Presbyterian Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Woman's Club (approx. ¼ mile away); First United Methodist Church (approx. 0.3 miles away); Battle of Marianna (approx. 0.3 miles away); Jackson County (approx. 0.3 miles away); Confederate Soldiers Monument (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Marianna.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on August 11, 2013, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. This page has been viewed 620 times since then and 68 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 11, 2013, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.