Madison in Madison County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
Shiloh Methodist Church
To The Glory of The Most High God a group of Christians led by the Reverend John Gramling organized Shiloh Methodist Church here, December 24, 1845. Born in 1785 in South Carolina, the son of German Emigrants Adam and Elizabeth Gassoway Gramling, Reverend Gramling and his family with his brother Christian Gramling came to Florida, in 1845. Their children were Andrew P., John H., Martha R. Reagan, Laviniah Rykard, Margaret Davis, Katherine, Adam D., Charles W., Joel F., and Frances T. Burnett. In addition to John and Elizabeth, other Shiloh Charter members were, John H. and Allys, William, Missouri, Misses Frances T., Laviniah, Katherine, Daniel, Charles, Louise A.,
Erected 1978 by Shiloh Church and the Gramling Family Reunion in cooperation with the Madison County Historical Society.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical month for this entry is December 2003.
Location. 30° 37.07′ N, 83° 31.734′ W. Marker is in Madison, Florida, in Madison County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Northwest 205th Street and Northwest 140th Street. This crossroads is also known as NW Concord Church Rd & Shiloh Church Rd. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Greenville FL 32331, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 12 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Concord Missionary Baptist Church (approx. 0.6 miles away); Columbia Primitive Baptist Church (approx. 4.4 miles away in Georgia); Civil War Slave Conspiracy (approx. 11.7 miles away in Georgia); Brooks County Veterans Monument (approx. 11.7 miles away in Georgia); Brooks CountyOur Confederate Dead (approx. 11.7 miles away in Georgia); Quitman Veterans Memorial (approx. 11.7 miles away in Georgia); West End Cemetery (approx. 11.8 miles away in Georgia).
Credits. This page was last revised on September 2, 2017. It was originally submitted on August 13, 2013, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. This page has been viewed 660 times since then and 62 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 13, 2013, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A wide view photo of the marker and the surrounding area together in context. • Can you help?