Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
New Port Richey in Pasco County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
 

Seven Springs

 
 
Seven Springs Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Tim Fillmon, April 21, 2013
1. Seven Springs Marker
Inscription.  Early residents of this area were Samuel H. Stevenson and his wife, Elizabeth, who believed in the therapeutic benefits of the mineral springs now known as Seven Springs. It became somewhat of a health resort after Stevenson created a pool by installing a well pipe and diverting water from a spring. The pool overflowed into the Anclote River, where a small bath house was built for guests and mineral water was given to anyone who wanted it. An old iron bridge with wood decking was nearby. A truck carrying molasses once fell through it.

The Seven Springs School, which was built on land owned by T.J. Witt, served local families from about 1913 to 1925. His widow later made the school into her residence and her son and daughter-in-law, Ed and Wille Maude Frierson, later lived in the building as well. Mrs. Frierson operated a small dairy after World War II. When the property was sold for development, the school building was moved in 1981 to Sims Park in New Port Richey and became the West Pasco Historical Museum.

This former pioneer settlement and early resort area is part of what is now Seven Springs Golf and Country Club and
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
the Trinity Community.
 
Erected 2008 by The Pasco County Board of County Commissioners and The Pasco County Historical Preservation Committee.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1913.
 
Location. 28° 12.7′ N, 82° 39.949′ W. Marker is in New Port Richey, Florida, in Pasco County. Marker is at the intersection of Golfview Drive and Little Road, in the median on Golfview Drive. Located at entrance to gated community of Seven Springs. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: New Port Richey FL 34655, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Baker House (approx. 3.3 miles away); Old Elfers School (approx. 3.3 miles away); Mc Neil Homestead 1882 (approx. 3.4 miles away); Sims Park (approx. 4.4 miles away); Our Lady Queen of Peace Catholic Church (approx. 4.4 miles away); West Elfers Cemetery (approx. 4½ miles away); Pine Hill Cemetery (approx. 5.1 miles away); Odessa (approx. 5.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in New Port Richey.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on August 14, 2013, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. This page has been viewed 648 times since then and 112 times this year. Photo   1. submitted on August 14, 2013, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.
 
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Wide shot of marker and its surroundings. • Can you help?

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=67645

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
Paid Advertisements
 
 

Aug. 15, 2022