Titusville in Brevard County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
Titusville Negro School
After the new Gibson School was opened in 1957, the site was abandoned and the building razed.
Erected by City of Titusville.
Location. 28° 36.425′ N, 80° 48.849′ W. Marker is in Titusville, Florida, in Brevard County. Marker can be reached from South DeLeon Avenue south of South Street (State Road 405), on the left when traveling south. Located in front of the Titusville Neighborhood Services Office. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 725 South DeLeon Avenue, Titusville FL 32780, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. St. Gabriel's Episcopal Church (approx. 0.4 miles away); Titusville Vietnam War Memorial (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Pritchard House (approx. 0.4 miles away); Titusville School House - 1900 (approx. 0.4 miles away); Wager's Grocery Store & Wharf - c. 1875 (approx. half a mile away); Titus House (approx. half a mile away); Titus House & the Indian River Hotel, c. 1869 (approx. 0.6 miles away); Scobie Fish & Oyster Company - 1885 (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Titusville.
Categories. • African Americans • Education •
More. Search the internet for Titusville Negro School.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 15, 2013, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. This page has been viewed 490 times since then and 4 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on August 15, 2013, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Wide shot of marker and its surroundings. • Can you help?