Lancaster in Garrard County, Kentucky — The American South (East South Central)
First Presbyterian Church
Presented by Members of First Presbyterian Church
Erected 1994 by Kentucky Historical Society-Kentucky Department of Highways. (Marker Number 1942.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the Kentucky Historical Society series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1816.
Location. 37° 37.159′ N, 84° 34.748′ W. Marker is in Lancaster, Kentucky, in Garrard County. Marker is on Danville Road (Kentucky Route 52) west of Stanford Street (Kentucky Route 39), on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lancaster KY 40444, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Captain William Early Buford (within shouting distance of this marker); Garrard County, 1797Garrard County Veterans Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Buford-Salter House (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Home of Statesmen (about 500 feet away); Lancaster Public Spring (about 700 feet away); Local Authoress (about 800 feet away); Home of Gov. Bradley (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lancaster.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on August 18, 2013, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 274 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 18, 2013, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. • Al Wolf was the editor who published this page.