Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Pryor in Mayes County, Oklahoma — The American South (West South Central)
 

Veterans Memorial

1776 - 1976

 
 
Veterans Memorial Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By William Fischer, Jr., July 22, 2013
1. Veterans Memorial Marker
Inscription.  

In memory
of those who served
our country

 
Erected 1976 by Pryor Lions Club.
 
Topics. This memorial is listed in these topic lists: Patriots & PatriotismWar, KoreanWar, VietnamWar, World II.
 
Location. 36° 18.568′ N, 95° 18.959′ W. Marker is in Pryor, Oklahoma, in Mayes County. Memorial is at the intersection of Adair Street and NE 1st Street, on the right when traveling north on Adair Street. Marker is on the northwest grounds of the county courthouse. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1 Court Place, Pryor OK 74361, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 17 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Nathaniel Hale Pryor (here, next to this marker); Chouteau's Post (approx. 9.4 miles away); Battle of Locust Grove (approx. 12 miles away); Union Mission and Cemetery (approx. 12.9 miles away); Union Mission (approx. 12.9 miles away); Cabin Creek Battlefield
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. 13.3 miles away); 1928 Route 66 Footrace (approx. 14.3 miles away); Cabin Creek (approx. 16.4 miles away).
 
Veterans Memorial image. Click for full size.
Photographed By William Fischer, Jr., July 22, 2013
2. Veterans Memorial
County courthouse in background
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on August 25, 2013, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 539 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on August 25, 2013, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=68093

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 20, 2024