Mayfield in Fulton County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Dutch Reformed Church of Mayfield
Dutch Reformed Church of
remains of many
pioneers of this section.
Erected 1936 by New York State Department of Education.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion • Settlements & Settlers.
Location. 43° 6.145′ N, 74° 15.785′ W. Marker is in Mayfield, New York, in Fulton County. Marker is on School Street, on the right when traveling east. Marker is across the street from the Mayfield Jr. - Sr. High School, and outside the fence of the Union Rural Cemetery. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Mayfield NY 12117, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Romeyn's Mill (approx. half a mile away); Burying Ground (approx. 0.7 miles away); Rice Homestead (approx. ¾ mile away); Anthonyville (approx. 1.1 miles away); Indian Raid (approx. 1.1 Riceville Cemetery (approx. 1.1 miles away); Captain Solomon Woodworth (approx. 1.1 miles away); a different marker also named Burying Ground (approx. 1½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Mayfield.
Regarding Dutch Reformed Church of Mayfield. This early church was established in 1793 and stood on this site until 1826. The churchyard was used for burials of Mayfield’s early settlers. The oldest burials are on the side near the marker. This cemetery now connects with the modern one. Note: Please see the large Getman Memorial Monument. Captain Getman commanded a Civil War Cavalry Unit and this memorial honors both the captain and his men. It is yet another marker suggested by then Town Historian E.J. Rullifson in 1936.
Also see . . . The Great Sacandaga Lake. (Submitted on August 28, 2013, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York.)
Additional keywords. Sacandaga
Credits. This page was last revised on September 3, 2016. It was originally submitted on August 28, 2013, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. This page has been viewed 361 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 28, 2013, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.