Harrodsburg in Mercer County, Kentucky — The American South (East South Central)
The Baptist Tabernacle of The Wilderness
April - May 1776.
The spreading Elm was the pioneers' first sanctuary.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical month for this entry is May 1776.
Location. 37° 45.783′ N, 84° 50.138′ W. Marker is in Harrodsburg, Kentucky, in Mercer County. Marker can be reached from East Lexington Street (U.S. 68) east of Woodland Avenue, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 427 E Lexington Street, Harrodsburg KY 40330, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Wilderness Revival (here, next to this marker); Muscoe Garnett House (a few steps from this marker); The Big Spring (approx. 0.2 miles away); Lucy Newton Cogar House (approx. 0.2 miles away); "The Big Spring" (approx. 0.2 miles away); Isaac Hipple House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Thompson / Wickliffe House (approx. ¼ mile away); Woodsland (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Harrodsburg.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on September 1, 2013, by Ken Smith of Milan, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 386 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 1, 2013, by Ken Smith of Milan, Tennessee. • Al Wolf was the editor who published this page.