Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Edgemere in Baltimore County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

The Presbytery of Baltimore

 
 
The Presbytery of Baltimore Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By F. Robby, September 8, 2013
1. The Presbytery of Baltimore Marker
Inscription.  The Presbytery of Baltimore here commemorates the first regular services of the Presbyterian Church within its bounds. These were held by the Rev. Hugh Conn in the neighboring house of Thomas Todd in March 1714-15.
 
Erected 1920.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical month for this entry is March 1714.
 
Location. 39° 12.803′ N, 76° 26.268′ W. Marker is in Edgemere, Maryland, in Baltimore County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of North Point Road (Route 20) and Avenue C, on the left when traveling south. Marker is in the northwest corner of the family cemetery located behind the Todd house. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Sparrows Point MD 21219, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. A Heavy Price (within shouting distance of this marker); Todd’s Inheritance (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Landing (approx. 0.3 miles away); Unexpected Resistance (approx. 0.6 miles away); Wetlands (approx. 0.7 miles away); Dreaded Alarm
The Presbytery of Baltimore Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By F. Robby, September 8, 2013
2. The Presbytery of Baltimore Marker
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. 0.7 miles away); The Rebirth of a Maryland Historical Treasure (approx. ¾ mile away); About This Fountain… (approx. 0.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Edgemere.
 
The Presbytery of Baltimore Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By F. Robby, September 8, 2013
3. The Presbytery of Baltimore Marker
Dedication date on back of marker: October 27, 1920.
The Presbytery of Baltimore Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By F. Robby, September 8, 2013
4. The Presbytery of Baltimore Marker
The marker is in the foreground. The back of Todd House is in the background.
The Todd Family Cemetery image. Click for full size.
Photographed By F. Robby, September 8, 2013
5. The Todd Family Cemetery
The Todd house and cemetery were open to visitors on Defenders Day.
The Todd House image. Click for full size.
Photographed By F. Robby, September 8, 2013
6. The Todd House
Front view of the house.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on September 9, 2013, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 443 times since then and 25 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on September 9, 2013, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=68530

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
Paid Advertisements
 
 

Aug. 16, 2022