Clarksville in Montgomery County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
First Court House
First Court House
A rude log house on Public Square
1788 - 1811
The Old Stockade
Southwest from this point
Erected 1933 by The Captain William Edmiston Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1788.
Location. 36° 31.683′ N, 87° 21.683′ W. Marker is in Clarksville, Tennessee, in Montgomery County. Marker is on Public Square (Street) south of Main Street, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Clarksville TN 37040, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Clarksville in the Civil War (a few steps from this marker); Freedom Light (within shouting distance of this marker); John Montgomery Statue (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Frank Spencer Sutton (about 500 feet away); Whitfield, Bradley & Co. Kennedy & Glenn's Bank (about 700 feet away); Town Spring (about 700 feet away); Clarksville's Slave Market (about 800 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Clarksville.
Credits. This page was last revised on March 7, 2018. It was originally submitted on September 13, 2013, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 394 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 13, 2013, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. • Al Wolf was the editor who published this page.