Near Rogers in Benton County, Arkansas — The American South (West South Central)
Feb. 22, 1862, the Union army of Gen. Curtis entered Cross Hollows to find abandoned barracks and commissary stores still smouldering. Curtis pitched his tent near McGarrah's house. His soldiers tented east, and south to Mud Town. March 4, Curtis moved the army into battle line north of Little Sugar Creek.
Erected by Pea Ridge Memorial Association - Centennial Observance.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Settlements & Settlers • War, US Civil. A significant historical year for this entry is 1843.
Location. 36° 16.865′ N, 94° 6.817′ W. Marker is near Rogers, Arkansas, in Benton County. Marker is on South Old Wire Road (County Road 83) 0.2 miles north of Dogwood Drive/Cross Hollow Road (County Road 1189), on the left when traveling northTouch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 4600 South Old Wire Road, Rogers AR 72758, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. A different marker also named Cross Hollows (here, next to this marker); The Butterfield Stagecoach Road (approx. 1.9 miles away); Original Site of Bloomington (Mudtown) Arkansas (approx. 1.9 miles away); The Bank of Lowell (approx. 1.9 miles away); Lowell Postal Service (approx. 1.9 miles away); Evaporator Near Railroad Track (approx. 1.9 miles away); Train Depot (approx. 1.9 miles away); Old City Jail (approx. 2 miles away).
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. The list is markers installed by the Pea Ridge Memorial Association from 1962-1964 on the Pea Ridge Campaign.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 17, 2016. It was originally submitted on September 24, 2013, by Lee Hattabaugh of Capshaw, Alabama. This page has been viewed 713 times since then and 78 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on September 24, 2013, by Lee Hattabaugh of Capshaw, Alabama. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.