Leander in Williamson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Erected 1936 by Texas Highway Department. (Marker Number 9368.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Places. In addition, it is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1839.
Location. 30° 34.606′ N, 97° 51.131′ W. Marker is in Leander, Texas, in Williamson County. Marker is on North Bell Boulevard (Business U.S. 183), on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 211 South Hwy 183, Leander TX 78641, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within one mile of this marker, Leander (here, next to this marker); Leanderthal Lady (a few steps from this marker); Leander United Methodist Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Leander Schools (approx. ¼ mile away); Leander Presbyterian Church (approx. ¼ mile away); Pickle-Mason House (approx. 0.6 miles away); Norton Moses Lodge No. 336, A.F. & A.M. (approx. 0.6 miles away); A. S. Mason House (approx. 1.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Leander.
Also see . . . Webster Massacre. Williamson County Historical Commission (Submitted on March 2, 2017, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas.)
Credits. This page was last revised on August 28, 2020. It was originally submitted on December 14, 2009, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 1,947 times since then and 141 times this year. Last updated on October 12, 2013, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 14, 2009, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. 3. submitted on October 10, 2013, by Richard Denney of Austin, Texas. 4. submitted on October 12, 2013, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.