Greenwood in Johnson County, Indiana — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
The Birthplace of Banking in Greenwood
Erected 1976 by Greenwood Historical Society and National Bank of Greenwood.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Industry & Commerce. A significant historical year for this entry is 1892.
Location. 39° 36.803′ N, 86° 6.583′ W. Marker is in Greenwood, Indiana, in Johnson County. Marker is on South Madison Avenue south of West Main Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Greenwood IN 46142, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. James T. and Laura Polk Community House (approx. 0.2 miles Veterans Memorial (approx. 0.4 miles away); First Church, School and Cemetery (approx. half a mile away); J. T. Polk Canning Co. (approx. 0.6 miles away); Proctor Park (approx. 3.4 miles away); Mary Bryan, Pioneer Woman (approx. 3.6 miles away); Glade-Dobbins Cemetery (approx. 4 miles away); First Presbyterian Church of Southport (approx. 4.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Greenwood.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on October 14, 2013, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana. This page has been viewed 530 times since then and 68 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on October 14, 2013, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana.