Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Delta in Millard County, Utah — The American Mountains (Southwest)
 

McCullough Log House and Post Office

Utah Historic Site

 
 
McCullough Log House and Post Office Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Kirchner, October 5, 2013
1. McCullough Log House and Post Office Marker
Inscription.  Constructed November 1907 – January 1908 by Henry McCullough, his two sons and son-in-law, of logs hauled 30 miles from Fillmore. Delta's first Post Office -- January 1908 - March 1912.
 
Erected 1973 by Division of State History. (Marker Number S-27.)
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. In addition, it is included in the Postal Mail and Philately series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1907.
 
Location. 39° 21.16′ N, 112° 34.721′ W. Marker is in Delta, Utah, in Millard County. Marker is on West Main Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Delta UT 84624, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Pioneer Cabin (here, next to this marker); Escalante Trail (within shouting distance of this marker); Topaz 1942–1946 (within shouting distance of this marker); Gunnison Massacre Site (approx. 0.2 miles away); Millard Academy (approx. 5.2 miles away);
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
Hinckley Schools (approx. 5.3 miles away); Deseret Relief Society Hall (approx. 5.9 miles away); Fort Deseret (approx. 7.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Delta.
 
McCullough Log House and Post Office image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Kirchner, October 5, 2013
2. McCullough Log House and Post Office
The marker is visible to the left of the entrance door.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on October 20, 2013, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 502 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on October 20, 2013, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=69545

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 20, 2024