Warrenton in Warren County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1982 by North Carolina Division of Archives and History. (Marker Number E-14.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Arts, Letters, Music • Churches & Religion • Government & Politics. In addition, it is included in the North Carolina Division of Archives and History series list. A significant historical date for this entry is July 5, 1836.
Location. 36° 23.97′ N, 78° 9.29′ W. Marker is in Warrenton, North Carolina, in Warren County. Marker is on North Main Street (U.S. 401/158) north of East Macon Street (Business U.S. 158), on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 127 N Main St, Warrenton NC 27589, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Emmanuel Episcopal Church (a few steps from this marker); New Deal Art in Warrenton (within shouting distance of this marker); John H. Kerr (within shouting distance of this marker); Waddill Brick Store Courthouse (about 500 feet away); World Wars I and II Memorial (about 600 feet away); John A. Hyman (approx. 0.2 miles away); Jacob Holt House (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Warrenton.
More about this marker. This marker is a replacement The original marker was erected in 1938.
Also see . . . North Carolina Highway Historical Marker Program website. with additional information about this marker, Horace Greeley and Emmanuel Church (Submitted on October 21, 2013, by Kevin Vincent of Arlington, Virginia.)
Credits. This page was last revised on August 14, 2018. It was originally submitted on October 21, 2013, by Kevin Vincent of Arlington, Virginia. This page has been viewed 476 times since then and 46 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on October 21, 2013, by Kevin Vincent of Arlington, Virginia. 4. submitted on August 14, 2018, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.