Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
New Richmond in St. Croix County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

New Richmond Heritage Center

Wisconsin Heritage Tourism

 
 
New Richmond Heritage Center Marker image. Click for full size.
By Paul Fehrenbach, October 11, 2013
1. New Richmond Heritage Center Marker
Inscription.  The Italianate style farmhouse was built in 1884 by Marcus Sears Bell, an early developer in new Richmond. He gave up his post as village president when he moved outside of the village to breed prize-winning cattle at this farm. In 1910 the Tierney family (pictured) purchased the 360 acre farm and worked the land until 1982. The farmhouse, barn and granary are original to this farm. Additional buildings have been moved here. They represent life and building styles from earlier times. The center is owned and operated by the New Richmond Preservation Society, Inc.

This is one of many interpretive signs in the Rivers, Rails & Trails Heritage Area, a project funded in part by a Heritage Tourism grant from the Wisconsin Department of Tourism.
 
Erected by the Wisconsin Department of Tourism, in part.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1884.
 
Location. 45° 6.619′ N, 92° 32.156′ W. Marker is in New Richmond, Wisconsin, in St. Croix County. The marker is located at the New Richmond
New Richmond Heritage Center Marker image. Click for full size.
By Paul Fehrenbach, October 11, 2013
2. New Richmond Heritage Center Marker
Close up of photo inset of the Tierney family on the marker.
Click or scan to see
this page online
Heritage Center. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1100 Heritage Drive, New Richmond WI 54017, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Bell-Tierney Farmhouse (a few steps from this marker); Northside House (within shouting distance of this marker); Heritage Cemetery (within shouting distance of this marker); Paperjack Creek (within shouting distance of this marker); Heritage Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Camp Nine School (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Ubet Store (about 400 feet away); Blacksmith Shop (Log Barn) (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in New Richmond.
 
Also see . . .  New Richmond Heritage Center. (Submitted on October 26, 2013, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin.)
 
New Richmond Heritage Center Marker image. Click for full size.
By Paul Fehrenbach, October 11, 2013
3. New Richmond Heritage Center Marker
The Italianate farmhouse mentioned in the marker is in the background.
New Richmond Heritage Center Marker image. Click for full size.
By Paul Fehrenbach, October 11, 2013
4. New Richmond Heritage Center Marker
The barn mentioned in marker is in the background.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on October 21, 2013, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 315 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on October 21, 2013, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. • William J. Toman was the editor who published this page.

Share This Page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=69570

Paid Advertisement
Apr. 20, 2021