Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Otsego in Allegan County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

Otsego Methodist Church

 
 
Otsego Methodist Church Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Duane Hall, October 28, 2013
1. Otsego Methodist Church Marker
Inscription.  The Otsego Methodist Church was organized in 1842 and served by a traveling minister. The first church was built on this site in 1847. On December 22, 1889, over 900 townspeople attended the dedication of the present church. Many donated money toward what remained of the $7,500 construction debt. Civil War mapmaker Charles Prentiss designed the church. Art Stained Glass Works in Chicago made the sanctuary windows.
 
Erected 2003 by Michigan Historical Commission - Michigan Historical Center. (Marker Number L2119.)
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the Michigan Historical Commission series list. A significant historical month for this entry is December 1913.
 
Location. 42° 27.609′ N, 85° 41.645′ W. Marker is in Otsego, Michigan, in Allegan County. Marker is on E. Allegan Street (State Highway 89) east of N. Fair Street, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 223 E Allegan Street, Otsego MI 49078, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
the crow flies. Welcome to the City of Otsego (approx. 0.2 miles away); Otsego Civil War Memorial (approx. half a mile away); Welcome to Pine Creek (approx. 2 miles away); Michigan Paper Company Mill (approx. 2.8 miles away); Soule Memorial Fountain (approx. 2.9 miles away); Early History of Martin (approx. 5.9 miles away); Geib Veterans Memorial (approx. 6.1 miles away); Cooper Congregational Church (approx. 7.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Otsego.
 
More about this marker. The base of the marker is inscribed with the following text:

"The Board of Trustees through their chairman Mr. B.A. Nevins presented this building to their pastor the Rev. George B. Kulp for dedication to the service and worship of almighty God. May those who assemble in this sanctuary cherish in memory the names of those who have succeeded in building this House of the Lord."
 
Otsego Methodist Church Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Duane Hall, October 28, 2013
2. Otsego Methodist Church Marker
Otsego Methodist Church image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Duane Hall, October 28, 2013
3. Otsego Methodist Church
Otsego Methodist Church Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Duane Hall, October 28, 2013
4. Otsego Methodist Church Marker
View to east along E. Allegan Street (M-89)
Inscribed Base of Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Duane Hall, October 28, 2013
5. Inscribed Base of Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on April 6, 2021. It was originally submitted on November 4, 2013, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 574 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on November 4, 2013, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=69960

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
U.S. FTC REQUIRED NOTICE: This website earns income from purchases you make after using links to Amazon.com. Thank you.
Paid Advertisements
Feb. 22, 2024