Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Englewood in Bergen County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Saint Paulís Episcopal Church

 
 
Saint Paulís Episcopal Church Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Coughlin, April 10, 2008
1. Saint Paulís Episcopal Church Marker
Inscription.  
Organized in 1865, the congregation first met in homes and in the armory on Van Brunt St. The original church was built in 1866. The present chapel was erected in 1895 as a parish hall. Todayís Gothic church structure, built in 1899, has the rose limestone of the original building in its foundation. The stained glass are from Tiffany, La Farge, and Lamb Studios.

Sponsored by the Congregation in the year of the churchís 125th anniversary, 1990
 
Erected 1990 by Bergen County Historical Society. (Marker Number 75.)
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the New Jersey, Bergen County Historical Society series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1865.
 
Location. 40° 53.797′ N, 73° 58.267′ W. Marker is in Englewood, New Jersey, in Bergen County. Marker is at the intersection of Engle Street (County Route 501) and Church Street, on the right when traveling north on Engle Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 113 Engle Street, Englewood NJ 07631, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers.
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. First Presbyterian Church (approx. 0.4 miles away); John G. Benson House (approx. 0.4 miles away); Liberty Pole (approx. half a mile away); a different marker also named Liberty Pole (approx. half a mile away); Brookside Chapel (approx. 0.7 miles away); De Mott Ė Westervelt House (approx. 0.9 miles away); English Neighborhood Union School (approx. 1.1 miles away); The Palisades (approx. 1.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Englewood.
 
Also see . . .  Bergen County Historical Society. Society website homepage (Submitted on April 10, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey.) 
 
Marker on Engle Street image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Coughlin, April 10, 2008
2. Marker on Engle Street
Saint Paulís Episcopal Church image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Coughlin, April 10, 2008
3. Saint Paulís Episcopal Church
Saint Paulís Episcopal Church image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Coughlin, April 10, 2008
4. Saint Paulís Episcopal Church
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on December 12, 2021. It was originally submitted on April 10, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 1,891 times since then and 123 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on April 10, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey. • Christopher Busta-Peck was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=7010

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Jul. 23, 2024