Georgetown in Scott County, Kentucky — The American South (East South Central)
Erected 1974 by Kentucky Historical Society & Kentucky Department of Highways. (Marker Number 1487.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Education. In addition, it is included in the Kentucky Historical Society series list. A significant historical month for this entry is January 1829.
Location. 38° 12.571′ N, 84° 33.255′ W. Marker is in Georgetown, Kentucky, in Scott County. Marker is at the intersection of E. Main Street (U.S. 62, 460) and Memorial Drive, on the left when traveling west on E. Main Street. Entrance to College, East Main St., Georgetown, US 62, 460. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 423 E Main Street, Georgetown KY 40324, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 John B. Graves House (within shouting distance of this marker); Confederate Captain J. Henry Wolfe House (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); H.C. Blackburn House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Hambrick Village (approx. ¼ mile away); Remember the Raisin! (approx. 0.3 miles away); Scott County Courthouse / Goebel Trial Here (approx. 0.3 miles away); In Memory of those Scott County Boys (approx. 0.3 miles away); Gen. Basil W. Duke, C.S.A. / Basil W. Duke (1838-1916) (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Georgetown.
Also see . . . Georgetown College Web-pages:. (Submitted on December 2, 2013.)
Credits. This page was last revised on January 22, 2021. It was originally submitted on November 30, 2013, by Ken Smith of Milan, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 429 times since then and 51 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on December 1, 2013, by Ken Smith of Milan, Tennessee. 2. submitted on January 19, 2021, by Frank Profitt of Georgetown, Kentucky. 3, 4. submitted on December 1, 2013, by Ken Smith of Milan, Tennessee. 5, 6. submitted on January 19, 2021, by Frank Profitt of Georgetown, Kentucky. 7. submitted on December 1, 2013, by Ken Smith of Milan, Tennessee. • Al Wolf was the editor who published this page.