Prattville in Autauga County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Musician - Poet - Patriot - Seer
1867 on this site 1868
whose memory will be forever
cherished by people of Prattville, Ala.
whom he loved and served
Erected by Merrill E. Pratt Chapt., U.D.C.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Arts, Letters, Music • Education • Patriots & Patriotism. In addition, it is included in the United Daughters of the Confederacy series list.
Location. 32° 27.799′ N, 86° 28.125′ W. Marker is in Prattville, Alabama, in Autauga County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Wetumpka Street and South Washington Street, on the right when traveling east. Marker is located at the front entrance to the primary school. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 216 Wetumpka Street, Prattville AL 36067, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Sidney Lanier/Prattville Male and Female Academy Site (within shouting distance of this marker); The Prattville Dragoons (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Prattville Dragoons (about 300 feet away); Saint Mark's Episcopal Church (about 400 feet away); Daniel Pratt/First United Methodist Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); First Presbyterian Church of Prattville, Alabama / Original Members (approx. Ό mile away); Mulbry Grove Cottage (approx. 0.3 miles away); A County Older Than the State, Autauga County (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Prattville.
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker.
Credits. This page was last revised on March 20, 2020. It was originally submitted on December 18, 2013, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 1,318 times since then and 80 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 18, 2013, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. 3. submitted on January 3, 2015, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.