“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Livingston in Polk County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)

Site of Old Andress Inn

Marker Photo Wanted image. Click for full size.
1. Marker Photo Wanted
Inscription.  Center civic, social and business affairs, early Polk County. Built about 1848 by James Andress, from South Carolina. Contained restaurant, saloon, grocery store, post office, stage station. Had livery stable nearby. Among noted guests was General Sam Houston.
Erected 1967. (Marker Number 10382.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1848.
Location. Marker has been reported missing. It was located near 30° 42.604′ N, 94° 56.005′ W. Marker was in Livingston, Texas, in Polk County. Marker could be reached from West Mill Street. Touch for map. Marker was at or near this postal address: 109 W Mill Street, Livingston TX 77351, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this location. Polk County (here, next to this marker); 1905 Courthouse Annex (within shouting distance of this marker); Polk County Courthouse (within shouting distance of this marker); Polk County, C.S.A. (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Livingston
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(about 500 feet away); First State Bank of Livingston (about 700 feet away); First National Bank (about 700 feet away); "Polk County Enterprise" (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Livingston.
More about this marker. There is no longer a 109 Mill Street. The entire block is now 101 Mill Street. All of the structures on this side of the street of this block have been torn down and replaced with various Livingston official quarters. The marker must have been destroyed when the buildings were razed.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on January 1, 2014, by Jim Evans of Houston, Texas. This page has been viewed 517 times since then and 61 times this year. Photo   1. submitted on July 8, 2015. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Photograph of the marker. A photograph of the current area of the marker's previous location. • Can you help?

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
Paid Advertisements

Jun. 6, 2023