Walterboro in Colleton County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Walterborough Library Society
Est. 1820 - Inc. 1821
First location on present site of
St. Jude's Episcopal Church
Moved in 1845 to land given by
Richard B. Bedon
Now used by the
Colleton County Historical Society
Erected by Colleton County Historical Society.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Education.
Location. 32° 54.259′ N, 80° 39.562′ W. Marker is in Walterboro, South Carolina, in Colleton County. Marker is on Wichman Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Walterboro SC 29488, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Hickory Valley (a few steps from this marker); Bethel Presbyterian Church (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Walterborough Academy (approx. 0.2 miles away); Colleton County Veterans War Memorial (approx. 0.3 miles away); Colleton County Courthouse (approx. 0.4 miles away); Confederate Monument Walterboro (approx. half a mile away); Walterboro Jail (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Walterboro.
Also see . . . Walterborough Library Society. (Submitted on April 15, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.)
Credits. This page was last revised on February 2, 2020. It was originally submitted on April 14, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 1,078 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on April 14, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Christopher Busta-Peck was the editor who published this page.