Weatherford in Parker County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
James Claude Wright House
The Wright House represents the Queen Anne style, but with minimal modifications. In 1905, the back porch was enclosed to create a bathroom, closets were added in the bedrooms and the kitchen was remodeled. The original transoms are still in place as is the stained-glass transom panel over the front door. After the death of Robert Lowe in 1920 and his wife Evalina in 1924, the house was eventually sold to Nannie Hauser in 1927. James Claude and Marie
Marker is property of the State of Texas
Erected 2012 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 17354.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical month for this entry is September 1832.
Location. 32° 45.448′ N, 97° 47.96′ W. Marker is in Weatherford, Texas, in Parker County. Marker is at the intersection of West Oak Street and South Waco Street, on the right when traveling west on West Oak Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 202 W Oak St, Weatherford TX 76086, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Franco-Texan Land Company Building (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Parker County Confederate Veterans Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away); Parker County Courthouse (approx. 0.2 miles away); Parker County, C.S.A. (approx. 0.2 miles away); Chandor Gardens (approx. half a mile away); Old City Greenwood Cemetery (approx. 0.6 miles away); The Dean of Texas Trail Drivers Oliver Loving (1812 - 1867) (approx. 0.6 miles away); Mount Pleasant Colored School (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Weatherford.
Also see . . . Former speaker's home gets historic marker. Weatherford Democrat 12/6/13 (Submitted on January 26, 2014.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on January 25, 2014, by QuesterMark of Fort Worth, Texas. This page has been viewed 530 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 25, 2014, by QuesterMark of Fort Worth, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.