Near Bridgeport in Jackson County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Rocky Springs Church of Christ
in the State
1807 - 1976
the Alabama Society
Daughters of the American Revolution
Erected by Alabama Society Daughters of the American Revolution.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1807.
Location. 34° 57.321′ N, 85° 45.07′ W. Marker is near Bridgeport, Alabama, in Jackson County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Rocky Springs Road (County Road 206) and County Road 574, on the left when traveling west. There is a sign on U.S. Highway 72 at the intersection with Rocky Springs Road indicating the location of the church (it is about 0.2 miles from the highway). The marker/plaque is to the right of the church entrance on the front porch. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1006 CR-574, Bridgeport AL 35740, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Bridgeport (approx. 1.6 miles away); Trail of Tears (approx. 2.1 miles away); In Rememberance of Those Who Served (approx. 2.3 miles away); a different marker also named Trail of Tears (approx. 2.7 miles away); Birthplace of Jobyna Lancaster Ralston-Arlen (approx. 4.7 miles away in Tennessee); Marion Post No. 62 (approx. 4.7 miles away in Tennessee); James Thomas Fitz-Gerald, Jr. (approx. 4.7 miles away in Tennessee); Christmas Night Shootout (approx. 4.7 miles away in Tennessee). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bridgeport.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on February 1, 2014, by Lee Hattabaugh of Capshaw, Alabama. This page has been viewed 1,090 times since then and 108 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on February 1, 2014, by Lee Hattabaugh of Capshaw, Alabama. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.