Lampasas in Lampasas County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Erected 1936 by State of Texas. (Marker Number 2594.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1853.
Location. 31° 3.917′ N, 98° 9.319′ W. Marker is in Lampasas, Texas, in Lampasas County. Marker is on U.S. 190, 0.3 miles east of East 4th Street (State Highway 257), on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1940 US 190, Lampasas TX 76550, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. First United Methodist Church (approx. 0.9 miles away); Lampasas County (approx. 1.3 miles away); Cook Cemetery (approx. 1.3 miles away); Lampasas County, C.S.A. (approx. 1.3 miles away); Lampasas County Courthouse Hanna Springs (approx. 1.3 miles away); Near Site of Organization of Texas Bankers Association (approx. 1.3 miles away); First State Meeting of the Daughters of the Republic of Texas (approx. 1.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lampasas.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on February 5, 2014, by QuesterMark of Fort Worth, Texas. This page has been viewed 956 times since then and 184 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on February 5, 2014, by QuesterMark of Fort Worth, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.