Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
San Angelo in Tom Green County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Tom Green County Courthouse

County of Tom Green Organized 1875

— City of San Angelo Incorporated 1903 —

 
 
Tom Green County Courthouse Dedication image. Click for full size.
Photographed By William Fischer, Jr., February 9, 2014
1. Tom Green County Courthouse Dedication
Inscription.  

To the memory of the heroic
pioneers of West Texas,
this building is dedicated.
Men's homage and their love
shall never cease to follow them.
———————
Tom Green County Courthouse
has been listed in the
National Register
of Historic Places
by the United States
Department of the Interior
1988
———————
City of
San Angelo
Historic
Landmark

 
Erected 1928 by the Tom Green County Commissioners and the San Angelo Historic Preservation Commission.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1988.
 
Location. 31° 27.743′ N, 100° 26.358′ W. Marker is in San Angelo, Texas, in Tom Green County. Marker is at the intersection of Beauregard Avenue and Irving Street, on the right when traveling west on Beauregard Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 112 West Beauregard Avenue, San Angelo TX 76903, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
are within walking distance of this marker. Original Tom Green County (a few steps from this marker); Charles B. Metcalfe (within shouting distance of this marker); Veterans Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Crew of "Abbot 27" (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); The San Angelo Standard (about 500 feet away); Emmanuel Episcopal Church (about 600 feet away); First Presbyterian Church (about 700 feet away); Chadwick Building (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in San Angelo.
 
Also see . . .
1. Tom Green County, Texas. (Submitted on February 24, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
2. Tom Green County, Texas, Official Website. (Submitted on February 24, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
 
Tom Green County Courthouse NRHP Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By William Fischer, Jr., February 9, 2014
2. Tom Green County Courthouse NRHP Marker
Tom Green County Courthouse Landmark Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By William Fischer, Jr., February 9, 2014
3. Tom Green County Courthouse Landmark Marker
Tom Green County Courthouse image. Click for full size.
Photographed By William Fischer, Jr., February 9, 2014
4. Tom Green County Courthouse
Tom Green County Courthouse Officials Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By William Fischer, Jr., February 9, 2014
5. Tom Green County Courthouse Officials Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on September 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on February 24, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 570 times since then and 36 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on February 24, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=71966

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Jul. 24, 2024