Dublin in Erath County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Dublin National Bank
In 1893, John G. Harris, a former railroad president, joined with three other businessmen to establish Dublin National Bank. The bank opened on the heels of the incorporation of the town of Dublin in 1889. Dublin experienced considerable growth in the late 19th century due to the cotton industry and the arrival of the railroad. Dublin National Bank acquired assets of the only remaining local bank in 1933. It continues to operate at its original location and has experienced several building expansions. For more than 100 years, the bank has played a vital role in the development of the Dublin area. It is the oldest continuously operating bank in Erath County.
Erected 2006 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 13548.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1893.
Location. 32° 5.08′ N, 98° 20.564′ W. Marker is in Dublin, Texas, in Erath County. Marker is at the intersection of Patrick Street (U.S. 67/377) and Elm, on the Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 128 South Patrick Street, Dublin TX 76446, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Dublin Dr Pepper Bottling Company (within shouting distance of this marker); Dr Pepper Texas (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); William T. Miller Grist Mill (about 400 feet away); Alexander Cemetery (approx. 7.8 miles away); Pecan Cemetery (approx. 8.3 miles away); Pecan Cemetery Tabernacle (approx. 8.7 miles away); Corinth Cemetery (approx. 10.1 miles away); Frances Marie Sparks Brown (approx. 10.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dublin.
Also see . . . Dublin, Texas. (Submitted on March 15, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on October 12, 2021. It was originally submitted on March 15, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 478 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 15, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.