San Francisco in San Francisco City and County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
An Historic American Building
The Georgian Revival style was an updated version of the original Colonial Georgian house and was popular on the East Coast in the late 1890s. Georgian Revival architecture is characterized by Palladian windows, Flemish bond brickwork, classical columns and pilasters, and simple rectilinear plans and elevations.
In 2001, 1545 Divisadero Street was sold to the Bernard Osher Foundation which later donated the building to the University of California. From 1995 to 2003, the University of California, Mount Zion campus utilized the building as medical office space, until its closure in 2003. For more information regarding this historic building please visit the official UCSF Library website.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Education Notable Places. A significant historical year for this entry is 1919.
Location. 37° 47.051′ N, 122° 26.395′ W. Marker is in San Francisco, California, in San Francisco City and County. Marker is on Divisadero Street near Post Street, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1545 Divisadero Street, San Francisco CA 94115, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. A New Ballgame (approx. half a mile away); Westerfield House (approx. half a mile away); Issei Women's Legacy (approx. half a mile away); Native Daughters of the Golden West Home (approx. 0.6 miles away); Uoki Sakai (approx. 0.6 miles away); Soto Mission of San Francisco (approx. 0.6 miles away); House of Gerhard F. Terschuren (approx. 0.7 miles away); Mary Ellen Pleasant Memorial Park (approx. Ύ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in San Francisco.
More about this marker. The 1545 Divisadero building has been demolished. The marker is on the Post Street side of the current building.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on March 21, 2014, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 488 times since then and 29 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 21, 2014, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.