Titusville in Mercer County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Under the provisions of the
Historic Sites Act of August 21, 1935
this site possesses exceptional value
in commemorating and illustrating
the history of the United States
U.S. Department of the Interior
National Park Service
Erected 1961 by U.S. Department of the Interior - National Park Service.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Landmarks • War, US Revolutionary. In addition, it is included in the National Historic Landmarks series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1935.
Location. 40° 17.817′ N, 74° 52.058′ W. Marker is in Titusville, New Jersey, in Mercer County. Marker is on River Drive, on the right when traveling north. Marker is in Washington Crossing State Park, NJ on the Nelson House. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Titusville NJ 08560, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Ferry Site (here, next to this marker); The Site of Washington’s Crossing (within The Christmas Night Crossing (within shouting distance of this marker); Washington Crossed the Delaware (within shouting distance of this marker); Crossing of the Delaware (within shouting distance of this marker); 200th Birthday of George Washington (within shouting distance of this marker); Bicentennial of General George Washington's Birthday (within shouting distance of this marker); Site of Crossing (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Titusville.
Also see . . . Washington Crosses the Delaware, 1776. (Submitted on April 21, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey.)
Credits. This page was last revised on July 27, 2020. It was originally submitted on April 21, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 1,263 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on April 21, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.