Skagway, Alaska — Northwest
Trail of '98 Museum
Alaska Centennial 1867 - 1967
Built as McCabe College for Women in 1899-1900. This is the first granite building in Alaska. It served as a Federal Court House from 1901 until statehood when it was purchased by the city of Skagway for a museum.
Erected 1967 by Alaska Centennial Commission.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings.
Location. 59° 27.344′ N, 135° 18.704′ W. Marker is in Skagway, Alaska. Marker is at the intersection of 7 Avenue and Spring Street on 7 Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Skagway AK 99840, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Skagway Remembers (here, next to this marker); Mollie Walsh (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Bank of Alaska (about 500 feet away); Arctic Brotherhood Camp Skagway (approx. ¼ mile away); Jeff. Smith’s Parlor (approx. 0.3 miles away); Fatal Duel (approx. 0.3 miles away); Inspector Charles Constantine (approx. 0.3 miles away); Skagway and White Pass (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Skagway.
Regarding Trail of '98 Museum.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on June 1, 2011, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 742 times since then. Last updated on April 5, 2014, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 1, 2011, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.