Tallahassee in Leon County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
Trinity United Methodist Church
Ten people met at the home of a Mr. Myers on the fourth Sunday of September in 1824 to organize the congregation that was to become present-day Trinity United Methodist Church. That first group of people worshiped in a wooden building, on the corner of what is now Park Avenue and Bronough Street.
In 1840, the Methodists built the stuccoed brick building, pictured above center, on this current site. In 1845, the year Florida became a state, the Florida Methodist Conference was organized here at Trinity. The church built another building, pictured above, on this same site in 1803. In 1964 the current structure was built.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion.
Location. 30° 26.541′ N, 84° 16.956′ Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Tallahassee FL 32301, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Presbyterian Church (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Leon County's American Revolutionary War Soldiers (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Exchange Bank Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); USS Tallahassee (approx. 0.2 miles away); Old City Cemetery (approx. 0.2 miles away); Lewis Bank (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Knott House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Major General David Lang (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Tallahassee.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 1, 2017. It was originally submitted on April 17, 2014, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 426 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 17, 2014, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.