Lubbock in Lubbock County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Bledsoe Santa Fe Depot
Phased out of service by 1966, structure was moved 70 miles to be preserved by Gene Hemmle.
Erected 1973 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 434.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Railroads & Streetcars. A significant historical year for this entry is 1925.
Location. 33° 34.653′ N, 101° 56.961′ W. Marker is in Lubbock, Texas, in Lubbock County. Marker is on 19th Street east of Juneau Avenue, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 6105 19th Street, Lubbock TX 79407, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Isham and Texana Tubbs House (approx. 0.9 miles away); Arnett House Arnett House (approx. one mile away); Carlisle Cemetery (approx. 1.6 miles away); Dagley Field (approx. 2.4 miles away); Hoffman Barn (approx. 3.8 miles away); Ropes Depot (approx. 3.8 miles away); Locomotive (approx. 3.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lubbock.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on May 11, 2014, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 616 times since then and 29 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 11, 2014, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.