Farwell in Parmer County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Erected 1936 by State of Texas. (Marker Number 1575.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1885.
Location. 34° 23.088′ N, 103° 2.41′ W. Marker is in Farwell, Texas, in Parmer County. Marker is at the intersection of 3rd Street and Avenue D, on the left when traveling south on 3rd Street. Marker is on west side of court house square. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Farwell TX 79325, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 13 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Parmer County (within shouting distance of this marker); Near Route of the Coronado Expedition (within shouting distance of this marker); Hopping-Aldridge House (approx. 0.3 miles away); Olivet Cemetery (approx. 2½ miles away); Oklahoma LaneNorman Petty Studios (approx. 10.4 miles away in New Mexico); Bovina United Methodist Church (approx. 12.6 miles away); Bovina Cemetery (approx. 12.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Farwell.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on May 14, 2014, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 492 times since then and 31 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 14, 2014, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.