Carrollton in Denton County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
First Baptist Church, Hebron
In the early 1900s, during the pastorate of the Rev. D.B. Allen, the congregation relocated to the new town of Hebron and adopted the name Hebron Baptist Church. Their first sanctuary was completed in 1920.
Over the years the fellowship has been active in missionary work and has produced several ministers from its membership. Now known as First Baptist Church, Hebron, the historic congregation has contributed much to the heritage of the area and has provided significant service and leadership to the residents of this part of Denton County. (1984)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion.
Location. 33° 1.488′ N, 96° 51.389′ W. Marker is in Carrollton, Texas, in Denton County. Marker is at the intersection of East Hebron Parkway and Charles Street, on the right when traveling east on East Hebron Parkway. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 3000 E Hebron Pkwy, Carrollton TX 75010, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Warner Cemetery (approx. 3.1 miles away); Frankford (approx. 3.1 miles away); Korean Texans (approx. 4.2 miles away); First Baptist Church of Renner (approx. 4˝ miles away); Addison State Bank (approx. 4.8 miles away); Union Baptist Church (approx. 4.8 miles away); The Perry Cemetery (approx. 4.9 miles away); Alex W. and Sarah Perry Homestead (approx. 5.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Carrollton.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on May 16, 2014, by QuesterMark of Fort Worth, Texas. This page has been viewed 642 times since then and 32 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 16, 2014, by QuesterMark of Fort Worth, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.