Ooltewah in Hamilton County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
County of James
The Lost County of Tennessee
1871 - 1919
Erected by the Tennessee Historical Commission. (Marker Number 2A-88.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Government & Politics • Political Subdivisions. In addition, it is included in the Tennessee Historical Commission series list.
Location. 35° 4.301′ N, 85° 3.619′ W. Marker is in Ooltewah, Tennessee, in Hamilton County. Marker is at the intersection of Church Street and Mulberry Street, on the right when traveling east on Church Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 9508 Church Street, Ooltewah TN 37363, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Order of the Southern Cross Silverdale Confederate Cemetery (approx. 4.1 miles away); N.B. Forrest Camp U.C.V and U.D.C. Chapters (approx. 4.1 miles away); Harrison Academy (approx. 5.3 miles away); De Soto's Route (approx. 5.3 miles away); Cleburne's Fort (approx. 5½ miles away); Old Harrison (approx. 5.8 miles away); Joseph Vann's Town (approx. 5.9 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on September 10, 2020. It was originally submitted on May 23, 2014, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 448 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 23, 2014, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.