Marianna in Jackson County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
First Presbyterian Church
The first structure was a wood framed sanctuary built in 1840 one block north of this location on the SE corner of Jefferson and Broad Streets. The second structure was built on this site in 1898 and was dismantled to make way for the grey brick sanctuary built in 1923. In 1950 the educational building was added.
This marker, dedicated to the glory of God in May 1986, was a gift through the women of The Church of Marianna. The marker stands in recognition of 150 years of faithful service and rich heritage, a monument to the communion of the saints who have served their Lord through this church.
Erected 1986 by The Women of the Church of Marianna.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical month for this entry is May 1986.
Location. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2898 Jefferson Street, Marianna FL 32446, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Dekle-Brunner House (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Battle of Marianna (about 700 feet away); The Woman's Club (about 700 feet away); Jackson County (about 700 feet away); Confederate Soldiers Monument (about 800 feet away); First United Methodist Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Lewis-Wykoff House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Cavalry Fight in Downtown Marianna (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Marianna.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on August 12, 2013, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. This page has been viewed 539 times since then and 32 times this year. Last updated on May 24, 2014, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 12, 2013, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.