Marydel in Kent County, Delaware — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
West Dover Hundred
Erected 1932 by Historic Markers Commission.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Political Subdivisions. In addition, it is included in the Delaware Public Archives series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1823.
Location. 39° 6.743′ N, 75° 44.703′ W. Marker is in Marydel, Delaware, in Kent County. Marker is on Halltown Road (Delaware Route 8), on the right when traveling east. Halltown Road becomes Crown Stone Road (Maryland Route 454) at this marker, which is on the Mason-Dixon Line that divides Delaware from Maryland. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 257 Halltown Rd, Marydel DE 19964, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Mason-Dixon Crownstone (within shouting distance of this marker); Sapling from 400 Year Old Oak Tree Thomas' Chapel (approx. 2.4 miles away); Cow Marsh Primitive Baptist Church (approx. 5.6 miles away); Cheney Clow's Rebellion (approx. 6.1 miles away); Samuel D. Burris (approx. 6.8 miles away); Sudlersville Train Station (approx. 7.9 miles away in Maryland); James Emory Foxx (approx. 8 miles away in Maryland). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Marydel.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on June 1, 2014, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio. This page has been viewed 625 times since then and 37 times this year. Last updated on June 1, 2014, by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 1, 2014, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.