Marianna in Jackson County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
The Holden House
Dr. Richard Schulz bought the home in 1986. Floye Brewton did the restoration. The virgin heart pine is joined by mortise and tenon. Wood laths were hand split and the plaster contained horse hair. Original windows and doors are extant. It has been the home of CRT Computers since 1987 when it was bought by Phil and June Rotolo and Pete and Carlotta Peterson.
Erected 1996 by Chipola Historical Trust.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical month for this entry is September 1840.
Location. 30° 46.534′ N, 85° 13.98′ W. Marker is in Marianna, Florida, in Jackson Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 4351 Lafayette Street, Marianna FL 32446, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. St. Luke's Churchyard (within shouting distance of this marker); Site of the Battle of Marianna (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Ely-Criglar House (about 800 feet away); The West End Community (approx. 0.2 miles away); Fighting at Ely Corner (approx. 0.2 miles away); First United Methodist Church (approx. ¼ mile away); The Russ House (approx. ¼ mile away); The Woman's Club (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Marianna.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 25, 2020. It was originally submitted on August 11, 2013, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. This page has been viewed 703 times since then and 49 times this year. Last updated on June 4, 2014, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. Photos: 1. submitted on August 11, 2013, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. 2, 3. submitted on June 4, 2014, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.