Marianna in Jackson County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
First United Methodist Church
For over 150 years Marianna Methodists have glorified God with their devotion to the spiritual welfare of the community. In observance of their 1984 sesquicentennial, the congregation paid tribute to the founders of this church and to those who preserved the faith for a century and a half.
1844 — Methodist Episcopal Church, South
1930 — The Methodist Church
1968 — The United Methodist Church
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical month for this entry is December 1852.
Location. 30° 46.553′ Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2901 Caledonia Street, Marianna FL 32446, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Woman's Club (within shouting distance of this marker); Cavalry Fight in Downtown Marianna (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Dekle-Brunner House (about 700 feet away); First Presbyterian Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Site of the Battle of Marianna (approx. 0.2 miles away); St. Luke's Churchyard (approx. 0.2 miles away); Battle of Marianna (approx. 0.2 miles away); Lewis-Wykoff House (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Marianna.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 21, 2017. It was originally submitted on June 5, 2014, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 393 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 5, 2014, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.