Near Jersey Shore in Lycoming County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
In memory of the following who lost their lives during the Indian raids in this region.
At Fort Antes, July 1777          At Fort Horn, July 1778
Zephaniah Miller,                       Robert Fleming,
Abel Cady,                                  Robert Donaldson,
James Armstrong,                       James McMichael.
Erected 1917 by The Pennsylvania Historical Commission and the Fort Antes Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution.
Topics and series. This historical marker Forts and Castles • Native Americans • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission series list.
Location. Marker is missing. It was located near 41° 11.925′ N, 77° 14.158′ W. Marker was near Jersey Shore, Pennsylvania, in Lycoming County. Marker was at the intersection of Pennsylvania Route 44 and Antes Fort Main Street, on the right when traveling north on State Route 44. Touch for map. Marker was in this post office area: Jersey Shore PA 17740, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this location, measured as the crow flies. Fort Antes (approx. one mile away); Pine Creek Presbyterian Church (approx. 1.6 miles away); Tiadaghton Elm (approx. 2.6 miles away); a different marker also named Pine Creek Presbyterian Church (approx. 2.6 miles away); a different marker also named Tiadaghton Elm (approx. 3.3 miles away); World War Memorial (approx. 9.9 miles away); Bowman Field (approx. 10.3 miles away); Carl E. Stotz (approx. 10.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Jersey Shore.
Also see . . . Fort Antes, Lycoming County, Pennsylvania . Fort Antes was erected by Lieut. Col. Henry Antes in 1778, about opposite Jersey Shore on the east side of Nippenose creek, and on the higher plateau overlooking it, and also the river. (Submitted on June 9, 2014, by PaulwC3 of Northern, Virginia.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on June 8, 2014, by PaulwC3 of Northern, Virginia. This page has been viewed 418 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 8, 2014, by PaulwC3 of Northern, Virginia.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Photo of the plaque. Based on Google Street View it has been missing since October 2008. Multiple published sources refer to the plaque as being in a nearby museum. But none identify the specific museum • Can you help?