Fort Riley in Geary County, Kansas — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
Engine 110 tons
Tender 30 tons
Total 140 tons
Engine 110 tons
Tender 81 tons
Total 191 tons
Engine 38 ft
Tender 34 ft
Total 72 ft
Erected 1958 by 1st Engineer Battalion, U.S. Army.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Railroads & Streetcars. A significant historical date for this entry is February 7, 1958.
Location. 39° 4.612′ N, 96° 46.292′ W. Marker is in Fort Riley, Kansas, in Geary County. Marker is at the intersection of Huebner Road and Dickman Avenue/Warehouse Road, on the left when traveling westTouch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Fort Riley KS 66442, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within one mile of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Fort Riley (approx. 0.4 miles away); First Capitol of Kansas (approx. Ύ mile away); a different marker also named First Capitol of Kansas (approx. Ύ mile away); Tuttle Park (approx. 0.9 miles away); Sturgis Stadium (approx. 0.9 miles away); To the Memory of the Gallant Dead 26th Cavalry (approx. 1.1 miles away); Global War on Terrorism Monument (approx. 1.1 miles away); In Memory of Civil War Horses and Mules (approx. 1.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Riley.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 7, 2010, by Lee Hattabaugh of Capshaw, Alabama. This page has been viewed 1,266 times since then and 52 times this year. Last updated on June 12, 2014, by Scott Nebeker of Salt Lake City, Utah. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 7, 2010, by Lee Hattabaugh of Capshaw, Alabama. 4. submitted on February 10, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.