Caldwell in Burleson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Old City Cemetery
Town founder Lewis L. Chiles (d.1864) is buried here. Oldest legible stone is for Margarette A. King and infant daughter (d.1843).
Now maintained by city.
Erected 1971 by State Historical Survey Comittee. (Marker Number 7565.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Cemeteries & Burial Sites.
Location. 30° 31.725′ N, 96° 41.57′ W. Marker is in Caldwell, Texas, in Burleson County. Marker is at the intersection of West Buffalo Street and South Thomas Street, on the left when traveling west on West Buffalo Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Caldwell TX 77836, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Caldwell National Bank (approx. 0.2 miles away); Burleson County in World War II (approx. 0.2 miles away); City of Caldwell (approx. 0.2 miles away); Burleson County (approx. ¼ mile away); John Mitchell Early Settlers of Burleson County in the Texas War for Independence (approx. ¼ mile away); Burleson County, C.S.A. (approx. ¼ mile away); a different marker also named Burleson County (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Caldwell.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on June 14, 2014, by Jim Evans of Houston, Texas. This page has been viewed 481 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 14, 2014, by Jim Evans of Houston, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.