Escalante in Garfield County, Utah — The American Mountains (Southwest)
Old White Church
The building was erected in 1885 under the direction of Bishop Andrew P. Schow, with Morgan Richards as the stone mason.
The bell that hung in the belfry called ward members to church and to funerals for nearly sixty years.
Erected 1977 by Sons of Escalante Pioneers.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion.
Location. 37° 46.163′ N, 111° 36.03′ W. Marker is in Escalante, Utah, in Garfield County. Marker is on South Center Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 50 South Center Street, Escalante UT 84726, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. L.D.S. Tithing Office (within shouting distance of this marker); Escalante (about 600 feet away, measured First Public Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); Old Boulder Mail Trail (approx. one mile away); Granary in the Cliffs (approx. 6.9 miles away); View from Head of the Rocks (approx. 8.2 miles away); Building the Million-dollar Road (approx. 8.2 miles away); Conserving Wildness (approx. 8.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Escalante.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on June 23, 2014, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 340 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 23, 2014, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.