Buffalo Gap in Taylor County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Organized - July 3, 1878
Aug. 8, 1878 - Oct. 30, 1883
First Taylor County
Courthouse and Jail
Constructed - 1879
Buffalo Gap Museum
Founded - 1956
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical month for this entry is July 1945.
Location. 32° 17.17′ N, 99° 49.655′ W. Marker is in Buffalo Gap, Texas, in Taylor County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of N. William Street and Elm Street, on the right when traveling north. Marker is located in Buffalo Gap Historic Village. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 133 N William St, Buffalo Gap TX 79508, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Ernie Wilson Museum (a few steps from this marker); Vicinity of Indian Fight (approx. 0.4 miles away); Town of Buffalo Gap (approx. 0.4 miles away); Buffalo Gap College (approx. 0.4 miles away); Buffalo Gap Cemetery (approx. 2 miles Taylor County (approx. 4.1 miles away); The Civilian Conservation Corps at Abilene State Park (approx. 4˝ miles away); Cedar Gap Community (approx. 4˝ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Buffalo Gap.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 28, 2020. It was originally submitted on June 24, 2014, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 397 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on June 24, 2014, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. 5. submitted on June 23, 2014, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas.