Pittsburgh in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The Duquesne Club
— Historic Landmark —
Longfellow, Alden & Harlow;
Janssen & Cocken, Architects
Built 1889; 1902; 1930-1931
Erected by Pittsburgh History and Landmarks Foundation.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Places.
Location. 40° 26.513′ N, 79° 59.916′ W. Marker is in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, in Allegheny County. Marker can be reached from Sixth Avenue 0.1 miles south of Wood Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Pittsburgh PA 15222, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Trinity Church Burying Ground (a few steps from this marker); Jane Grey Swisshelm Childhood Home (within shouting distance of this marker); The Granite Building (within shouting distance of this marker); In Commemoration (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Oliver Avenue (about 300 feet away); Mellon Square (about 400 feet away); The Benedum Center (about 500 feet away); Founding Convention of the AFL (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Pittsburgh.
Also see . . .
1. The Duquesne Club. (Submitted on June 24, 2014, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.)
2. Pittsburgh History and Landmarks Foundation. (Submitted on June 24, 2014, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on June 24, 2014, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 411 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 24, 2014, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.