This property has been placed on the National Register of Historic Places by the United States Department of the Interior.
Tennessee Club founded in 1875 by General Colton Greene. Club house built in 1890. Building Committee; L.B. McFarland-Pres., G.D. Raine-Secy, J.K. Speed, Jeptha Fowlkes, D.D. Saunders.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Landmarks. A significant historical year for this entry is 1875.
Location. 35° 8.784′ N, 90° 3.066′ W. Marker is in Memphis, Tennessee, in Shelby County. Marker is on Court Street. The marker is across the street from Court Square Park. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 130 Court Street, Memphis TN 38103, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. 128 Court Street (a few steps from this marker); Thomas Alva Edison (within shouting distance of this marker); Piggly Wiggly (within shouting distance of this marker); James H. Malone (within shouting distance of this marker); Court Square Saved (within shouting distance of this marker); First Tennessee Bank
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on June 25, 2014, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 366 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 25, 2014, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.