Elsinore in Sevier County, Utah — The American Mountains (Southwest)
Small plaque below
This monument was moved from the old church grounds on highway 89 to the present location on April 9, 2002.
Erected 1951 by Camp Belknap, Daughters of Utah Pioneers. (Marker Number 160.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of Utah Pioneers series list. A significant historical date for this entry is April 9, 2002.
Location. 38° 41.179′ N, 112° 8.89′ W. Marker is in Elsinore, Utah, in Sevier County. Marker is at the intersection of Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Elsinore UT 84724, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Our Town ~ Old Inverury (approx. 2.8 miles away); Trader and Explorer Trails (approx. 2.9 miles away); Fort Alma (later Monroe) 1864-1867 (approx. 3.7 miles away); Camp Alma Relic Hall (approx. 3.9 miles away); Settlement of Annabella (approx. 4.9 miles away); Town of Joseph and Pioneer Log Cabin (approx. 5˝ miles away); Fort Omni – Richfield (approx. 6˝ miles away); Richfield Presbyterian Church and School (approx. 6˝ miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on June 25, 2014, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 436 times since then and 46 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 25, 2014, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.