Clarence in Erie County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Town of Clarence - First Grist Mill in Erie County
Erected 1963 by Rotary Club of Clarence.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Rotary International series list. A significant historical month for this entry is June 1803.
Location. 42° 58.815′ N, 78° 35.745′ W. Marker is in Clarence, New York, in Erie County. Marker is on Main Street (New York State Route 5) 0.2 miles west of Ransom Road, on the right when traveling east. Marker is streetside at the Asa Ransom House. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 10529 Main Street, Clarence NY 14031, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Goodrich-Landow Log Cabin (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Watchman's Flag Shanty, West Shore Railroad (about 700 feet away); Town of Clarence - Ransom's Grove (about 800 feet away); To Commemorate (approx. ¼ mile away); Clarence Town Park In Grateful Memory (approx. ¼ mile away); This Memorial (approx. ¼ mile away); In Memory of Our Comrades (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Clarence.
Also see . . . Asa Ransom House Inn and Restaurant. (Submitted on June 29, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on June 29, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 597 times since then and 105 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on June 29, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.