Pittsburgh in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
University of Pittsburgh Log Schoolhouse
The first home of the
University of Pittsburgh
This plaque erected by the General Alumni Association of the University of Pittsburgh
June 10, 1957
And rededicated on the year of the University's Bicentennial
February 26, 1987
Erected 1957 by General Alumni Association of the University of Pittsburgh.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Education. A significant historical month for this entry is February 1800.
Location. 40° 26.271′ N, 79° 59.998′ W. Marker is in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, in Allegheny County. Marker is at the intersection of Boulevard of the Allies and Smithfield Street, on the right when traveling west on Boulevard of the Allies. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Pittsburgh PA 15219, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Bethel A.M.E. Church (within shouting distance of this marker); The Hartley Rose Building (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Union Trust Company-Lawyers Title Building (about 500 feet away); Louis KossuthSmithfield Street Bridge (about 600 feet away); William Thaw (about 600 feet away); The First Baptist Church of Pittsburgh (about 600 feet away); High Water Mark (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Pittsburgh.
Also see . . . University of Pittsburgh. (Submitted on July 2, 2014, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 2, 2014, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 477 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 2, 2014, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.